"There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out." -Lou Reed

Monday, December 8, 2008

Entree Vous


One of the biggest bad habits I can fall into is not eating well, and as much of a foodie as I am, it is as painful for me as it is for my doctor, who constantly is hounding me to take better care of myself. I love to cook, and so often I will buy the ingredients to make something, and then never find the time, and I just end up eating junk or fast food.

My newest solution is Entree Vous, which is one of several franchises that has popped up offering ready made meals to pick up and pop in the oven. What differentiates this one is that they don't make you buy a minimum amount, and they don't charge you extra for them to prepare it. Chains like Dream Dinners and others really prefer you prepare the meals and package them. At Entree Vous, I walk in, see what's available, choose a few and head home. The prices are great, the cost is actually less than I would spend on the ingredients to make the dishes, and the food is delicious. You can also place orders online ahead of time.

They offer all kinds of choices, and everything can be purchased frozen or ready to cook. They also offer great sides and desserts. I have been doing this for a few weeks now and I am only buying salad stuff and drinks at the grocery store and I swear I am saving money. I am eating regular meals now, and I feel better. An example, tonight I am having Southwestern Chicken Casserole (chicken, rice, pureed black beans, salsa and cheese baked together--yummy!) for dinner with a tomato and cucumber salad. Normally, I would probably have a hit a drive through as busy as today was.
I can't recommend this enough for those of you juggling jobs, kids, and all their sports and extra curricular activities. You'll thank me if you have a location in your area!

2 comments:

Cassandra December 10, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

I only have one "Let's Dish" meal left in my freezer. What happened to the other place you used to buy meals from? (My girlfriend's freezer or something like that???)

Paula... December 26, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

We don't really have many places like this over here :( It's pretty much lite'n'easy or frozen meals from the supermarket.

It's definately something I would do given the chance :) I hate cooking tea every day :-P

Labels

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP