"There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out." -Lou Reed

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas in New York





I have a list of a few things I really want to do that aren't really huge dreams or goals, just things I intend to do one day: see Vermont in the fall, learn to scuba dive, run a 5K, learn French, and see New York at Christmastime.

So, with nothing really ahead of me for Christmas plans, I thought about seeing New York this year. I have hotel points and frequent flier miles, so the travel portion would be free. I am pretty broke right now, but I really want to go just to walk around and take in the atmosphere, the decorations, and the time of year. Oh, and of course, take tons of pictures. I figure I can eat cheaply and enjoy myself for a few days. The one thing I would like to do is score a cheap ticket to the play All My Sons. I have always loved that play and the cast is stellar right now (John Lithgow, Diane Wiest, Patrick Wilson, Katie Holmes). I know there are places to get cheap tickets to shows, so I am looking.

So, I actually booked my trip, and look forward to crossing this one off my list. Big Apple, here I come!

2 comments:

Cassandra December 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

For the record-- I will NOT scuba with you ;-)

Paula... December 26, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

WOOHOO good for you - the photos look wonderful and I'm sure it will be so much more spectacular in real life :)

Labels

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP