Because I am on a journey right now to take care of myself, heal myself, and get back on my feet, I realized today that I might want to take note of what I am learning along the way. Some if it is stuff I need to do myself, and some of it is stuff I have to understand about my past and the people in and out of my life. I am a journaler (is that a word?), but that stuff is too personal, and sometimes too sad or too out there to put here. And that's a big statement, as some of the stuff I put here is really out there. But there are some basic, overall things I am taking away from what I am learning and the things I am doing to get through what I am going through.
Friday, October 24, 2008
And here's the first one: BE NICE.
1. Be Nice...whenever possible.
2. Be Nice...to people that are nice to you.
3. Be Nice...even when you think you can't.
4. Be Nice...to your children, especially. They take things to heart. (so do some adults, though-I am one of them).
Other things that fall under the "Be Nice" category: (and some things NOT to do)
1. Don't lie, cheat, or steal. It is hurtful. And is NOT nice. And when you do it to someone, it makes it hard for them to be nice to you, and it starts a whole chain of 'not-niceness' that spreads and it will be all your fault.
2. Don't let 'not-niceness' change who you are. When people aren't nice to you, and hurt you to the core of your being, you can't let it take away who you are or what you stand for. You have to somehow, some way, remember your way back to you.
OK, that's all. And thus ends a tough week with a simple lesson that I wish some people in my life (and now out of it) had learned earlier in theirs.
Thank you so much to my friends who don't need any of these reminders. Not even one of them. I am so lucky to have you in my life. I love you.