"There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out." -Lou Reed

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Light the Night






Yesterday was a busy, wonderful day. First, I headed to Mocksville for my friend Meredith's baby shower. I say friend, but Meredith and her family are more like family to me. I grew up with all of them, her sisters and brother and mom and dad. It is hard to believe Meredith is going to be a mom! Time flies! She is going to be such a great, fun mom. She was hilarious yesterday, as always, and the shower was so much fun--and it was great to see everyone I love.
Then, last night I went to the Light the Night walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As many of you may know, my friend Kim has a son Jake who was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was three. He was diagnosed just as her youngest, Nathan, was born. Nathan turned out to be a perfect bone marrow match, and Jake is now a happy, healthy six year old thanks to a successful bone marrow transplant.
A group from Computer Associates in Charlotte, who had never met Jake or Kim, had been walking in Jake's honor at this Light the Night walk every year since his diagnosis. This year was the first year Jake came and got to meet the team. I went with Kim and all her kids to support them. It was a fun night, and no doubt had all of us thinking how lucky we all are for little Nathan, for our health, and for great friends and good people. It was just a beautiful night all the way around.
Kim >^..^<

1 comments:

Cassandra September 30, 2007 at 9:58 PM  

What adorable kids!!! Kudos to Computer Associates and the Light the Night walkers--what a great project!

Labels

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP